Skip to main content

Building a system and network - Week 4

By: Cameo Roberson, Principal of Atlas Park

In the early days of building my network, I’ll admit – I had no game plan. I just knew I had to do it. Since then, I’ve take some time to build my system for networking.

Just like any other part of your practice, business development actions should be outlined in a playbook for you to reference. Before the team goes out on the field, everyone knows what role they need to play.

Basically establishing a pre-determined plan and then action steps to carry it out. Here are some ideas of how to build your network.

·         Post your plan in a visible place or create a laminated sheet. Visibility is key.

·         Get a personal board of advisors. Possibly members from your mastermind or study group? These folks can act as both a cheerleader and advisor to hold you accountable to your plan.

·         Identify 3-4 things you can do weekly to support building your network. Remember finding value for others is a great place to start. Are there resources you have that can make like easier for COIs in your network?

·         Keep track of when you’ve completed your tasks. I use www.trello.com to keep track of lists for myself and my clients. There is a free version available.

By doing this over and over, you will begin to establish habits. Those habits over the long term create behaviors. And behaviors create lifestyle changes. And lifestyle changes can take your business from good to great.

--Are you not hitting your business goals? Are you unsure of how to take your firm to the next level? Click here to schedule a call and select Your Virtual Coo https://www.atlasparkco.com/schedule-your-consultation-or-session/


-- Cameo Roberson is an advisor, practice management and operations consultant. She works with solos, breakaway advisors and ensemble firms to help them build a better advisory practice and manage key areas of business growth. www.atlasparkco.com --

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Keys to Networking Success - Week 1

By: Cameo Roberson, Principal of Atlas Park  My name is Cameo.  I’m an advisor, business operations and practice management consultant. I coach other advisors on how to build better advisory firms. Do you want to move your firm from good to great? As a guest blogger on the FIN Compliance platform, I’ll share tips and ideas to think about as your grow your firm Have you ever had trouble creating solid content for your newsletters? Like many folks, I was having trouble coming up with ideas for my newsletter content. Can you relate? As an entrepreneur, I’m always reading and looking to increase my knowledge base. I decided to take the books I’ve read and share my takeaways. My latest book.  Never Eat Alone and Other Secrets to Success, One Relationship at a Time , by Keith Ferrazzi talks about the power of networking. When you invest in the success of others, your ability to make a greater impact improves. Networking is necessary and a big part of personal or pro

Goal Setting Is Crucial - Week 3

By: Cameo Roberson, Principal of Atlas Park In a webinar I co-hosted for NAPFA (National Association of Personal Financial Advisors) community on Operations, Systems & Automation, one of the main ideas in developing your platform is that it is driven by your firm vision and goals. As an advisor, you have to get clear on your end game and then create steps to get there. To check out the webinar, click here  NAPFA Webinar The same is true for networking. Why are you networking? What do you want to achieve by networking? What are your goals as it relates to networking? If you are not sure of your networking goals, no problem. You can start today and get a plan together. Let’s start with a few tips about having a relationship action plan. ·           Part One: Think about what your goals are, that will fulfill your mission ·           Part Two: Connect those goals to the people, places and things that will help you get the job done ·           Part Three: Determi